Subject: Re: Branch for updated/initial bootloaders for USB-enabled PP and AMS Sansas (and their installers)

Re: Branch for updated/initial bootloaders for USB-enabled PP and AMS Sansas (and their installers)

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 17:25:45 +0100

Thomas Martitz wrote:
> I've just created a branch at
> http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/branches/bootloader_ams_pp/
>
> Use this branch to commit version number changes or whatever needed to
> get nice bootloaders out for affected targets. Also use this for the
> installers (mkamsboot, sansapatcher, ipodpatcher, h10-installer(?)).

We've never created branches before for this purpose - why can't this
just be done in trunk like all previous releases?

The problem with a branch is that changes don't get picked up by the
build system or the front page of the site (IIUC).

For bootloaders, version numbers don't need committing - they have
always just been specified when building the binaries. e.g. "make
VERSION=3.0".

Dave.