Subject: Re: supported targets : which ones to add

Re: supported targets : which ones to add

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:27:10 +0200

Mark Arigo schrieb:
> I don't think these are quite ready yet. There's still some hardware stuff to work on (no sound on the 920) and there are no plugins yet.
>
> Mark

"*Supported players* - we "lower the bar" for entry to
the club. Rbutil and manual are not required, fairly stable and
documented install mechanisms are required. A target would need to be
useful for daily use for music listening."

[from http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DevConEuro2009]

They're definitely in a state which allow for "daily use for music
playback without eating your files", the installation is easy as well.
That's sufficient for our lowered definition of supported.

Yes, and this of course excludes the yh920, which doesn't do music, but
applies for yh820 and yh925.

Although, we should probably write a samsungpatcher (there's actually no
patching involved) which does the job of renaming the OF file (the
samsung bootloader loads that from the disk and executes it) to OF.mi4
and copying our bootloader file on (that part is only needed if dual
boot is wanted).

Best regards.