Subject: Run a build client!

Run a build client!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:58:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hello friends!

Since the distributed build system rewrite, it is now MUCH simpler to get
involved and run a build client to aid the Rockbox project. You basically just
need a checkout, a set of cross-compilers and then invoke the client.
Everything else is done by magic.

We're already approaching 60 participating clients, but the new system is
designed to handle a large amount of clients at varying speeds so if you
already have a development env setup, please consider also participating as a
build client. You don't have to run it 24x7 or anything, just run it for as
long as your computer is alive, or as long as you think it is okay. The system
deals with frequent joins and leaves perfectly. (But of course the longer you
run it, the better the builds get...)

We now see many build rounds with 118 builds getting completed in less than 4
minutes. With more fast machines joining in, I'm sure we'll be able to
sequeeze this downwards 3 minutes.

So please, get involved! The exact instructions on how to proceed can be found
here:

         http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/BuildClient

--
  / daniel.haxx.se