Subject: Re: Run a build client!

Re: Run a build client!

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:31:09 +0100

> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, alex wallis wrote:
>
>> Would a 1.80 ghz laptop with 512 mb of ram be any use to the system?
>
> Yes it would indeed. We have several much slower machines already
> participating and they are doing good!

OK, well I would be very happy to run a build client, but for the moment
till either a version of the rockbox vmware image is made accessible or I
can find an image with speech already added in I can't do anything.

As unfortunately speech is needed in the image because a windows screen
reader can't read anything in the image itself. So unfortunately I guess I
need to find someone who can create a custom image for me with the speech
installed.

I don't feel I have the knowledge for this, because the most widely used
screen reader for linux especially for command line work called speakup
needs to be patched into a linux kernel, and I wouldn't have the first clue
about how to start building my own kernel, or even how to put it into a
linux distro let alone a vmware image.