Subject: Re: fs #10336

Re: fs #10336

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:31:56 +0100

Hi Alex,

I'm probably not going to get time to look at this before the 9th of August,
but I'd very much like to see it committed as long as it doesn't break
anything.

> However, I think what would be good would be if your browsing in the file
> browser particularly if you are using spelling of file or folder names
> would
> be that if you scroll to the beginning or end of a list by holding up or
> down, as soon as you release the joystick spelling of the file or folder
> name
> is interrupted. I think this would be good because otherwise you have to
> listen to a huge long name. Whereas if releasing the joystick cut the
> speech off it means you don't have to put up with this information.

If I understand you correctly, this should be a seperate patch.
Personallly, I'd rather not interrupt the speech as I normally want to stop
the list scrolling and then hear where I'm at in full.

pondlife