Subject: Weekly Wavpack status update

Weekly Wavpack status update

From: Bryan Jacobs <no_at_landwarsin.asia>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 15:50:14 -0400

This week was (again) spent working with the buffering code. WIP patch
is at http://www.q3q.us/morebuffering.patch .

Changes since last week:
- All logic is now included. The code correctly adds chunky handles in
  a split fashion, maintains information about open file descriptors,
  reads across chunky boundaries seamlessly, correctly removes all
  handles associated with a file when close_handle is called, handles
  the complex case where a chunky handle must be "finished" but has
  insufficient contiguous space available, etc etc.

What still doesn't work:
- There's a corruption bug in there somewhere. It's probably a
  threading issue. I'm tracking it down.

Goal for this week:
- By the end of the week I will hopefully have a patch people can test
  for real! Note that PEOPLE WHO DO NOT USE WAVPACK HYBRID ARE NOT
  AFFECTED BY THESE CHANGES. This a rather conservative way to
  implement multifile buffering :-).

Back to bug hunting I go!

Bryan Jacobs