Subject: usb charging disable on IPOD

usb charging disable on IPOD

From: Betty Bradley <bettybbradley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:18:10 -0600

I am attempting to disable the USB charging for the IPOD Video model while
connected through USB when using serial over USB communications.

This is because I do not want to charge the IPOD from the device I am
communicating with as it runs on a small battery too.

I have tried GPIO A through L with no positive results.

Is there is a way to disable USB charging for an IPOD Video using the GPIO
pins?
What GPIO Pin would is used?

It appears that the Linear 4066 USB charge control chip is what is actually
controlling the charging.

Thank you.

Betty Bradley