Subject: Re: A question about r22222 (Factoring out the parsing of %V tag)

Re: A question about r22222 (Factoring out the parsing of %V tag)

From: Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:51:45 +0200

On 12.08.2009 13:35, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Al Le schrieb:
>>
>> I saw the changes made in r22222 (nice number by the way! :-) And I
>> ask myself why this change had to be made.
>
> The commit message says it ("in preparation of customlist"). FS#8799
> will need it to parse a viewport from the settings. To make the final
> diff smaller I committed this beforehand.

Ok. This means that the syntax of the setting and of the WPS will be the
same. But I don't think it would be a problem.

Another question: in viewport.h I see a declaration of the function
"viewport_load_config", but I couldn't find this function in a .c file.
Where is it defined and what does it do?

> Now please question someone else's code :D

It was not particularly your code that I question, just the code I don't
understand. But that happened to be "yours" :-)

And another question: the function "viewport_parse_viewport" returns
VP_ERROR in the case of an error. The constant VP_ERROR seems to be a
bit combination and not a pointer. The combination just happens to have
the zero value which works, but isn't it dangerous? Wouldn't NULL fit
better?

I can of course provide patches for these remarks if you prefer but they
would be so trivial that I'm not sure it's worth the effort.