Subject: Re: FS#10199: Limiter DSP function

Re: FS#10199: Limiter DSP function

From: Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:07:13 +0200

On 17.08.2009 16:52, Jeff Goode wrote:

> The 7k is mostly buffers and the code itself, which is whittled down
> pretty far already. There's not a lot of fat in there.

Hm... I have a question: why not have a large enough buffer that would
be used by all DSP effects? IIUC, as of now every DSP effect would
reserve its own buffer. Why not have it once for all? Would it be
possible at all? I.e. we'd have a buffer and then several DSP
"processors" would sweep over it before the PCM data is sent to the
audio chip.

Just some thoughts generated by (but related not only to) this patch.