Subject: Re: FS#10199: Limiter DSP function

Re: FS#10199: Limiter DSP function

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:22:13 +0100

>> Ah, so this DSP effect is the only requiring a large buffer? Then OK. But
>> wait... What about time stretch? I think it also uses some kind of
>> buffer.
>>
> That I don't know. Time stretch was being developed concurrently so it
> might have come up with its own solution. It could also be a buffer for a
> different purpose incompatible with a lookahead buffer.

Timestretch uses several buffers (totalling about 28k), but none of them are
used for the input data. Also they are only allocated when the feature is
explicitly enabled, so as not to waste RAM for people who don't want to use
the feature. The downside is that an explicit "enable" setting is required
and that a a reboot is needed after this is enabled.

pondlife