Subject: Re: building accessible vmware images to work with Rockbox.

Re: building accessible vmware images to work with Rockbox.

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 20:01:33 +0100

> Hussein,
>
> I also am seeing this as a possible good way to go for myself too. I work
> in vmware but I am unable to get a desent ubuntu or Debian based system
> going.

Hi. I realise this is going slightly off topic, but just as a side note
regarding your issue with not having a good vmware image to work with, have
you tried vinux?
the author of it is the guy who is interested in helping me. vinux is
designed to be accessible out of the box, it includes braille support,
speech and magnification. the author provides several versions, a live cd
version, a USB pen drive version and a vmware image.
I am hoping to meet with him next week to actually talk about how to put
this accessible vmware image or images together for rockbox.
if you are interested, the url for vinux is
http://vinux.org.uk

I am not sure what packages should be included to get a build client
accessible, which is what interests me, and then of course I would like some
kind of separate system to compile rockbox with for my own personal use.

I am not sure if I was thinking of a script exactly to automate the process,
I guess having some kind of gui would be quite nice as its more fun pressing
buttons and selecting options than typing commands though I have a feeling
it might be complex to put something together so perhaps command line is
best. I guess also the commands should be quite similar to those used in
cygwin.