Subject: Re: questions about latest Rockbox

Re: questions about latest Rockbox

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:35:22 +0100

> 1. Why was time removed from rockbox info?

Because some of the developers thought all time functions should be grouped
into a new time screen. (Personally, I preferred the old way too, but I'm
not about to change it back..!)

> 2. Is the only way to see the time with voice now just in the time>set
> time menu?

Yes, AFAIK.

A way forward might be for somebody to write a "Voice WPS" option , which
would trigger a reading out of each sensible WPS element. Thus things like
the time and battery level that sighted users take for granted could be made
more accessible. Also because the WPS is entirely configurable, you could
set up just the fields you want to hear - e.g. time, battery level, track
name, track progress.

Might be overkill, but it would bring the visual and voice UIs closer
together.

pondlife