Subject: Re: questions about latest Rockbox

Re: questions about latest Rockbox

From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:29:05 +1100

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 07:29:36AM +0100, pondlife wrote:
> > screen should exit. I still think it would be nice finding a way for
> > quick access to battery level info.
>
> This is why I think a "Speak WPS" function would be most consistent.

It would definitely be handy, but say you are in the radio or menus, or
file browser, you can't easily hear the time.

> Ideally it could be combined with an enhanced quick screen which would allow
> you to attach a manu function (not just a setting) to one of the actions -
> so you could then get the time/battery level/lots of other things by holding
> down LONG MENU then UP (for example).

So you mean long menu brings up a "fast voice access" menu or something
similar. Where there are varius bits of information shown like date,
time, battery level, among other things? If so again nice thought, but I
think that makes it more of a lengthier process to access one simple bit
of information.

Dan.