Subject: Re: questions about latest Rockbox

Re: questions about latest Rockbox

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:00:17 +0100

>> This is why I think a "Speak WPS" function would be most consistent.

> It would definitely be handy, but say you are in the radio or menus, or
> file browser, you can't easily hear the time.

Maybe "Speak status bar" is what you really want? You'd have to access it
from the menus in those cases though. The only alternative would be a
keymapping, and I doubt that's possible.

> So you mean long menu brings up a "fast voice access" menu or something
> similar. Where there are varius bits of information shown like date,
> time, battery level, among other things? If so again nice thought, but I
> think that makes it more of a lengthier process to access one simple bit
> of information.

No - the long menu brings up the quickscreen, as now. You'd have to add the
"Speak status bar" option as one of your four choices in there.

Or use short menu and navigate to it, just like you would for Rockbox Info -
which is where we came in...!

pondlife