Subject: Bi-directional menus (right to left menus)

Bi-directional menus (right to left menus)

From: Tomer Shalev <shalev.tomer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:55:57 +0200

Hello all,

For those of you who don't follow SVN traffic, I would like to update you
that I recently implemented the bi-directional menus feature.
It is triggered automagically for the Hebrew and Arabic languages.

I would like to thank the following people who implemented and fixed the
scrolling for RTL mode: Mohamed Tarek (mt), David Thacker (epithetless),
Teruaki Kawashima (teru), and Michael Chicoine (mc2739).
I would especially like to thank Thomas Martitz (kugel) for cleaning the
mess I did while introducing this new feature.

This feature is considered stable, as there are no known bugs.

For those of you who would like to get the feeling of using Rockbox with RTL
menus, please follow the following instructions:

# Create an english file with the rtl flag set

$ cp apps/lang/english.lang apps/lang/english_rtl.lang
$ echo -e "<options>\n rtl: 1\n</options>\n" >> apps/lang/english_rtl.lang
$ echo "english_rtl.lang" >> apps/lang/SOURCES
$ cd build
$ make bin
$ cp apps/lang/english_rtl.lng <PLAYER PATH>/.rockbox/langs

# Load the english_rtl language, and enjoy!

Regards,
Tomer Shalev (tomers)