Subject: Re: Buttons in Hold Mode

Re: Buttons in Hold Mode

From: Hilton Shumway <hillshum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:34:52 -0600

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/10/22 Alex Parker <parker.alex.e_at_gmail.com>:
> > I'm against this for the simple reason that hold should be hold - i.e. it
> > should disable buttons.  That is what it does.
> >
> > Alex
> >

> Ditto. This is a nice reason why its also a bad idea. lets say you
> have the backlight set to off when on hold, you are listening to music
> for 2 or 3 hours (so you cant really remember which screen you were
> in) and then you want to change tracks, fine, hold is on so just press
> + right? except you wernt in the WPS, you were in the file browser
> where hold+ replaces your playlist!
> I agree its a silly example, but its not far from possible...

Yeah except you make it so that won't happen when hold is on, button
presses perform the intended function no matter what screen is up.

Hilton

A selected quote: Claims of humanitarian concerns are merely a fig
leaf over a naked power grab by the state -- Maria Martins

Mike Ditka - "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have
given us arms."