Subject: Re: the UI viewport logic.. someone please help my understanding?

Re: the UI viewport logic.. someone please help my understanding?

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:19:55 -0700

2009/10/28 Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>:

> That's exactly what I said actually, considering that a dead classic
> statusbar yields the "ultimately fullscreen (0,0,LCD_WIDTH,LCD_HEIGHT)"
> case.

the 2 paragraphs you quoted end the say way, but are different in
getting there.. but fine..

> Exactly! "and that is set to the ui area left over by the sbs" is entirely
> what %Vi is about. The lists are just as well inside the area (as you said).
> Unless overridden by the UI vp which the equivalent of  "then even if it
> wants to draw outside of that area it is free to do so" for the lists.
>
> I'm not exactly sure why we seem completely agree here. Did I misread
> something?

EXACTLY EXACTLY! so all screens should be getting the ui area for
their internal viewports right? which means having to decide weather
to get the one from the setting, or the one from the sbs, or some
mishmash of both is dangerous, bad and unpredictable... whereas if
they always return the one from the setting (which we make sure is
always there) then there is no issue... therefore the %Vi tag is
redundant!