Subject: Re: Touchscreen Interface

Re: Touchscreen Interface

From: Nikita Koptelov <kopnikita_at_yandex.ru>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:44:07 +0300

Paul Louden wrote:
> I think that if absolute mode is made the default, there needs to be a
> way to force entry to grid mode blindly. The problem with absolute mode
> is that if you are using the player blindly, you can't even use
> descriptions of the menus to find your way easily to grid mode.

> As for extending absolute mode everywhere it can be extended -
> absolutely. ;)

I think there's should be some sort of "initial setup" menu(UPD: as
Thomas Lloyd said:)),that appears on first RB launch, which helps to
set time,date,language,touchscreen mode,blind mode,etc.
Maybe grid mode and blind mode should be linked,don't know.

Thomas Martitz wrote:

> I think that the grid mode is silently turned on in some places is a
> real problem. There really ought to be an indication. I think a
> graphical grid that is always drawn when the grid mode is on would be
> really useful and handy. It could be also only drawn when the
> touchscreen has been pressed and for 5s or so.

Drawing grid everytime is a bad idea,because it isn't handy on some
screens.Some sort of hotkey or long-pressed trigger would be better;)

But this grid is conflicting with main ideas of touchscreen, so
"absolute mode" should have more priority than grid.
It would be very good to add visible buttons and drop-down menus on
screens where needed,and add "slide" capability for menus.

--
Best regards,
 Nikita