Subject: Re: brain dump/plan re simplifying viewport/theme support in screens

Re: brain dump/plan re simplifying viewport/theme support in screens

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:12:39 -0800

2009/11/23 Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>:
> Am 24.11.2009 02:35, schrieb Jonathan Gordon:
>
> Why combining two well-defined functions to an obscure one? It could just
> call _set_fullscreen() and know what it gets if it's too small.

the name can use some work... but the current 2 functions are
bassically the same funcionality and should be merged

> The stack that needs a bogus panicf() if it's exceeded? What's wrong with
> the caller saving the state?

It is so much simpler to not have to worry about that... also even a
stack depth of 32 (which would be wayy more than needed) would waste
32*(4+4) bytes at most per screen... the panicf is acceptable

> I don't think that will work in practice. Passing a min_width/height is
> quite demanding for screens that are of the sort "just gimme the damn
> defaults, I'll cope with it", which doesn't even know how much it needs at
> minimum.

Yeah, like I said, braindump... that might be a useful helper though.

> The rest sounds ok.
Defeatist!