dev builds
themes manual
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
dev guide

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: I suggest we postpone release 14 days

Re: I suggest we postpone release 14 days

From: Thomas Martitz <>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:07:10 +0100

We're on the best way to be a month late. I'd say if we exceed this
month we should just skip 3.5 (name the next release 3.5), since 3.6
wants to be released too and I guess we want to meet the "deadline" for
that one, otherwise there would only be 2 month between 3.5 and 3.6.

Although if we keep the current cycle we're gonna have the same problems
at this year's christmas. Maybe delaying the schedule by a month or so
for all subsequent releases or changing the number if releases per year
would be a good idea. (/me'd still prefers 3 per year).

Am 09.12.2009 19:53, schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> 2 - because several pretty largish changes have recently been
> committed that I think will appreciate getting slightly longer time to
> settle before we can consider them release-worthy.

It seems quite a few people are not away (or have forgotten) which
changes you're refering too. One of them is probably the viewportmanager
api change, but I'm not sure if any of the remaining bugs is a real
release blocker.

If we decide on starting the release cycle soon, I'd like to propose
that (since we have no real testing system yet) we have 2 RC builds, 1
for the freeze phase and one for the branch phase. Getting testers in
the official test builds forum is probably the best we can get at this

Best regards.
Received on 2010-01-04

Page template was last modified "Tue Sep 7 00:00:02 2021" The Rockbox Crew -- Privacy Policy