Subject: Re: I suggest we postpone release 14 days

Re: I suggest we postpone release 14 days

From: Rafaël Carré <rafael.carre_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 00:09:32 +0100

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:07:10 +0100
Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.HTW-Berlin.de> wrote:

> Although if we keep the current cycle we're gonna have the same
> problems at this year's christmas. Maybe delaying the schedule by a
> month or so for all subsequent releases or changing the number if
> releases per year would be a good idea. (/me'd still prefers 3 per
> year).

We could shift release to the end of the month to avoid that and start
freeze in 10 days.

The question of release cycle could still be discussed until end of
april.

Looking at http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/MajorChanges I think we can go
for 3 releases a year and spend less time on releasing process and more
time on rockboxing.

--
Rafaël Carré