Subject: Re: WPS buttons show when touching the touchscreen (like Cowon D2 OF)

Re: WPS buttons show when touching the touchscreen (like Cowon D2 OF)

From: Jens Theeß <jens_at_theess.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:08:15 +0100

Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> Agreed, although I wonder why we dont have it ignoring touches until a
> release happens so the buttons show up instantly but dont do anything?

So your proposal is this: %Tl turns to true on a press, then touches are
ignored until the release? So touches only work while %Tl is true. This
would work for buttons which are on a viewport that's shown using %Tl.
But what about themes that have buttons always shown (i.e. don't use %Tl)?

I have another proposal: Make touch buttons behave more like buttons in
desktop applications. Upon a touch press event, the button at the touch
position is armed. Upon a touch repeat or release, the button at the
touch position is triggered only if it is armed. Upon release (and wps
entry), all buttons are disarmed. E.g. when you touch press on an empty
area, then while pressing drag your finger on a button, then release the
button, the button is not triggered.

Using the new proposal %Tl works like this: Upon touch press, %Tl turns
true and enables a viewport with buttons. The buttons on the viewport
are not armed, therefore ignore all touch events until the next touch
press. This depends on the first touch press not reaching the buttons on
the viewport enabled by %Tl, which is the case in the current version of
rockbox (I haven't investigated why though).

Patch is appended to FS#10982.

Greetings,
Jens