Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: r24917: again no manual update
Re: r24917: again no manual update
From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 23:46:41 -0800
On 25 February 2010 23:20, Al Le <Al.Le_at_gmx.de> wrote:
> r24917 introduced new WPS tags. But again: where is the manual patch? It's very hard to do it afterwards because one has to find what is not documented. Besides, I think we once agreed on the rule that every feature is only committed along with an entry in the manual. So dear Sirs, please...
> GRATIS für alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
> Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome01
WPS tags should NOT be in the manual.
1) its too bloodu long which scares people away from reading it (yes
its in an appendix but still, seeing 100+ pages is enough to turn
2) its updated too frequently
3) TeX is a PITA to work in and not everyone has the required tools
4) who is this we that agreed?
5) (something about not forcing the manual contributers to learn c)
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CustomWPS is and always will be the most
up to date info on the skin stuff. All changes go there pretty damn
quickly after a commit.
Received on 2010-02-26