Subject: Re: Re: uchida: r25233 - trunk/apps/plugins

Re: Re: uchida: r25233 - trunk/apps/plugins

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:53:56 +0100

2010/3/18 Yoshihisa Uchida <y_uchida-lj_at_infoseek.jp>:
> Then these were commited once. (it is efficient.)

I completely disagree here. Commiting a number of patches in the same
commit is definitely not _efficient_. It might be _convenient_ for you
(assuming that you have all those patches already applied in your
working tree). However, it makes it impossible (or at least extremely
hard) for others to review the commit. I'm pretty sure that at least
some do so (speaking for myself I'm reading such commit diffs if time
allows and I'm interested in the part of the code). Besides, the
changes were already split up into individual patches, so no
additional work for that.

As a side note, please do not top-post to this list. Our mailing list
etiquette asks you to not do so, and as we're asking our users to
follow that committers definitely should follow that.

 - Dominik