Subject: Idea Discussion: making voice more usable throughout Rock box

Idea Discussion: making voice more usable throughout Rock box

From: Scott Berry <scottbb1973_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:40:31 -0500

[Scott says,] I noticed in the manual while I was reading it that Rockbox
isn't as blind friendly as it could be. Myself I am not a programmer but I
would like to know if it would be possible to look at fixing and integrating
voice more tightly with Rockbox. It's a good alternative for mp3 players.
I certainly have some good ideas and would be glad to suggest, keep up the
wiki that has the blind faq because I see it's really not up to date as it
should be and also help with the manuals. How do I go about doing this? I
know that giving you guys idea about the voices will help but I am also
willing to do some .toc files with original voice if need be or with
synthetic speech. Also I think it would be good to start looking at how the
plugins could also benefit from the voice files and the limitation of
charaoke needs to be looked at also. This is all from the manual.
[Scott says,]