Subject: Re: NoDo or not?

Re: NoDo or not?

From: Nils <deathtoallhumans_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:57:27 +0200

I would rather see a solution for completely remapping the keys than
this scheme with one or a few remappable buttons only.
I know this has been argued to death over and over but the only two
arguments against it are
a) support nightmare
b) unwanted complexity

a) is easily dealt with by telling users to use the default mapping if
they want help or if something doesn't work.

b) I don't think this will make rockbox significantly more complex
than having just one or a few configurable buttons

One other problematic thing is that not all buttons can be used in
combos, but we can just (try to) document that and leave the
resposibility to the user.

The button or combo for resetting settings can be hardcoded or simply
checked before a custom mapping is loaded so the default is used.