Subject: Re: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

Re: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

From: Al Le <Al.Le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:45:47 +0200

Having read the replies to my initial mail, I'd like to try to sum up the opinions. There are some decision points. In all cases it's assumed that the "repeat" setting is set to "off" and that the playback has stopped "naturally", i.e. because the end of the playlist has been reached.

1. What happens if the user presses PLAY before the DAP switches off?

Possibilities:
a. Display "Nothing to resume" (current behaviour, preference of Mike Holden)
b. Play the playlist from its beginning (my personal preference)

2. What happens after the DAP switched off (manually of via timeout) and back on?

2.1. The start screen is set to WPS

a. Display "Nothing to resume" (current behaviour, preference of Mike Holden)
b. Play the playlist from its beginning (my personal preference)

2.2. The start screen is not set to WPS (but to something else), and the user presses PLAY

a. Display "Nothing to resume" (current behaviour, preference of Mike Holden)
b. Play the playlist from its beginning (my personal preference)

If I remember correctly, we've already discussed the patch on the mail list, and many had the following preferences: 1->b, 2.1->a, 2.2->b.

Should I start a poll in the forum?
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser