Subject: Re: FS#11099 - Rewind before resume

Re: FS#11099 - Rewind before resume

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 15:44:39 -0500

On 4/6/2010 3:34 PM, Dominik Riebeling wrote:

> yes, at least it's pretty similar (AFAIU). Wouldn't it be good to
> merge those features then? The existing feature ony rewinds on resume
> when plugging the phones.

If I understand correctly, it's because there can be some delay before
the "Pause" happens on unplug, so it allows you to counteract accidental
unplugs (and intentional ones) by rewinding this delay amount or a
little more.

They should be merged if this feature is to go in, but there should
still be an option to only rewind on headphone unplug rather than
rewinding on all pause/resumes.

I'm still not quite certain I see why this needs to be a feature,
though. What's the use case for needing to rewind every time you pause?
And if it's only sometimes, isn't actually rewinding simpler than
continually going and changing the setting on and off continually?