Subject: WPS playlist viewer exposes a bug in either plaback/buffering or playlist. I'm stumped!

WPS playlist viewer exposes a bug in either plaback/buffering or playlist. I'm stumped!

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:07:23 +1000

Hi all,
Well I'm stumped on this bug
(http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/11175 ). Basically what happens
is if you use a wps with the playlist viewer (attached should work on
every target) the playlist will load in the wrong order and Wierd Shit
(TM) happens when jumping around tracks. If you use a theme without it
(or even I assume the same theme with it disabled (i.e in a
conditional viewport)) the playlist would work fine.

The code for the playlist viewer is draw_playlist_viewer_list() in
apps/gui/skin_engine/skin_display.c starting around line 182. I'm
pretty certain the problem is either in audio_peek_track() being
called or playlist_peek(). Nothing else there touchees anything
outside of the drawing/skln code.

I dont know playlist/buffering/playback anywhere near enough to figure
out what's going on, so if someone who does could have a look, that
would be great.

We havnt managed to repro in the sim which makes things a bit harder.

Cheers and have a good weekend.

Jonathan