Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code

Re: Google Summer of Code

From: Delyan Kratunov <delyan.kratunov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:36:48 +0100

Hello, all!

My name's Delyan (archivator) and I'll be your resident TTS porter this
summer. For those wondering, I am a 1st year Computer Science student at
University of Oxford, UK. That, however, does not make me English
(thankfully! :) ). I'm in fact Bulgarian. And, apparently, the youngest
around here.

My previous experience with Rockbox is limited to the fft plugin (which I
wrote) and some tts work for rbutil.

My GSoC project, as I mentioned, will mainly consist of porting the Flite
text-to-speech engine for use in core Rockbox (and, hopefully, plugins).
This will be quite the task and will involve, among other things, adding the
infrastructure for loadable TTS engines and integration alongside the
current voice system.

That's about it, really. If you have any questions, feel free to ask (be it
by email or in IRC).

Thanks for listening/reading!

Delyan