Subject: Re: Creating a Bash script to generate en.voice

Re: Creating a Bash script to generate en.voice

From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 03:11:38 -0400

Hi,
They need a little work before they are ready for that. I am having some
difficulty making them recursive. So for the "Generate .talk files"
script, you have to select each folder and file, then go inside the
folder and select all the files ad run it again. For the other script,
"Send to Rockbox," you can only transfer files, not folders. I am
currently working my way through some solutions but none of them have
yet worked. So, I wouldn't want some non experienced user getting hold
of them and running in to those problems. When they are complete I will
add them to the wiki. There's not much left to do. I need to do a script
to create the generic menus, etc, and create a Gui with zenity so that
it will be easy to set the voice and trim. I have added the ability to
set an intro trim incase there is part of the voice you want cut off the
beginning of the .talk clip. It's useful for cutting off track numbers
if you don't want them spoken. Or, I suppose, if the voice always said
something at the beginning that you wanted cut out it would be useful
for that too.
Thanks
Storm
--