Subject: Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:30:15 +0200

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 07:28:16PM +0200, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> I forgot to add that once the above is finished I consider my work for
> the mid-term work finished, after that a port to a mobile
> platform/device would follow. Again, if anyone disagrees with that (that
> my mid-term work is finished) I'm very open for a discussion.

I agree that this is a nice milestone. We'll talk about what that
means for mid-term during DevCon :). Actually, as long as there's
decent progress (or study-work induced lack of progress), I don't
really care too much about mid-terms, so I don't think you have a
lot to worry about. The final result is what really matters after
all, and I am confident that you'll finish the task successfully.

> Speaking if it, I would like to by a smartphone from the first Google
> money (in case they don't put a nexus one into the welcome package ;) )
> which will arrive in about a week. I would really like to get the
> decision on which platform to port RaaA first done by then.
>
> I think most of us (including me) prefer andriod. I personally
> *strongly* prefer it since I had an HTC legend in my hands :) Is anyone
> uncomfortable with that?

Much as I'd like to claim that the n900 is more suitable, I suspect
Android isn't really going to be much harder to work with, it makes
it a lot cheaper to get a suitable device, and it does seem to have
a lot of momentum right now, so I'll have to reluctantly admit that
Android seems to be the right choice to make at this point in time.

Frank