Subject: Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 19:01:12 +1000

On 2 June 2010 18:50, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 02.06.2010 02:48, schrieb Jonathan Gordon:
>
> Hold on... dont assume anything about #defines and IF you do then
> document them somewhere. HAVE_RECORDING is very possible with RaaA, as
> is HAVE_LCD_CHARCELL (!)
>

> Possible, sure, but the ports I'm working on won't have that. I find
> HAVE_LCD_CHARCELL *very* unlikely. recording is not unlikely but it won't
> happen very soon. BTW, most of the HAVE_RECORDING && !defined(SIMULATOR)
> where about sample rate and channel configuration (which is fixed in the sim
> but varies on target) and to deal with the fact that the sim does not
> record. So if RaaA records, then the constraints the sim currently has won't
> apply, and the defines will be correct.
>
> If I was to document it better, where should I do that? Any suggestion?
>
> Best regards.

I've been wanting to use
http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFA634-NFA-KS forever and RaaA
would make it easy, so yeah assumptions are bad.
It would be helpful if there was a wiki page which listed every
#define which depends on (or negates) another, not only for RaaA but
all of them.Not having this has hit us before.