Subject: Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 00:49:19 +1000

On 3 June 2010 00:33, Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com> wrote:
> Thomas Martitz wrote:
>>
>> I think most of us (including me) prefer andriod. I personally *strongly*
>> prefer it since I had an HTC legend in my hands :) Is anyone uncomfortable
>> with that?
>
> It's your project, so ultimately I think the choice is yours - you should
> port RaaA to whatever interests you.
>
> But doesn't Android have the additional complication of requiring you to
> port RaaA as a native C library and then implement the UI in Java?  What
> about audio output?  Can a native C library play audio, or will that also
> require a Java layer?
>
> Also, is the plan still to create a Desktop Linux/SDL RaaA as the first
> step?  Or are you now intending to go straight to a real device?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave.

Yeah, I'm not so sure android is a good (starting) platform either
unless of course you already have experience porting C apps to
android? I would suggest using the mini2440 which you already have
anyway. (save the money and go buy a N1 when they are cheaper when you
are more comfortable with andoird)