Subject: [Theme Editor] Progress Report #3

[Theme Editor] Progress Report #3

From: Robert Bieber <robby_at_bieberphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 19:50:10 -0400

This week I've been working on learning Qt and setting up a GUI for the
theme editor. At this point, the editor is beginning to take shape.
Currently, you can create new documents (Ctrl+N or through the
menus/toolbar) which will open up in tabs, and the current document will
be parsed and highlighted as you type (the parse tree appears in one of
the panels). The save and close buttons/menu items are also working,
but the others haven't been completed yet.

The interface is pretty thoroughly modular. You are free to relocate or
tear off any of the panels on the edge of the window, and the toolbar is
movable. Settings for syntax highlighting and the like will be coming
soon. I plan to spend about half of next week getting the GUI in good
shape: implementing document and project loading, managing configuration
files, and of course adding preferences for the syntax highlighting.
After that I'll begin working on rendering the WPS documents to the
preview window.

-Robert Bieber