Subject: Re: Sansa-Clip+ Theme - upload probs.

Re: Sansa-Clip+ Theme - upload probs.

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 23:52:40 +0200

On 06-06-2010 23:26, Edgar Toernig wrote:

> 1) Wrong screenshot size (is 128x66, wants 128x64).
> While it is correct that the Clip+ only has a
> 128x64 display, it has a gap of two lines between
> lines 15 and 16. The screenshot feature of the
> uisimulator saves an image with these additional
> two lines and IMHO that's correct as otherwise
> the screenshot would look different than a real
> device would look like.
> Btw, all screenshots in the docs are 128x66 too.

This should be fixed. However, it'll break (I think) the other currently
uploaded themes, so it's not completely trivial.

> 2) My theme has 3 WPS variants: theme is Ticker.cfg,
> uses Ticker-C.wps as a default but there are also
> Ticker-A.wps and Ticker-B.wps that the user can
> select.
> The verifier gets totally confused by that.

This should be 3 themes, so the user can see and download the one he
wants. There will be some duplication if he installs all 3, but I think
this is preferable.

> 3) Theme selects the classic statusbar. Verifier
> complains about "classic_statusbar.sbs" is missing.
> Afaict, it's part of he regular rockbox install.

This should be fixed.

Question to figure out who's to blame: Is it checkwps complaining about
this, or the theme site?

> 4) One of the WPSs uses 10-Nimbus.fnt. Verifier
> complains that it's part of the regular font set.
> It's not.

It is. Maybe the error message is confusing (I don't remember), but
10-Nimbus.fnt is indeed included in the font pack, and so we don't want
themes containing copies of it (which could lead to overwriting a fixed
version in the font pack with an outdated version from a theme).

If the error message is not clear, it should be fixed.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk