Subject: Re: Cowon D2 EABI

Re: Cowon D2 EABI

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 03:28:54 -0500

On 6/14/2010 3:23 AM, Rob Purchase wrote:

> As I said, I'm certainly not the only Rockbox dev with access to a D2.
> I resent the phrase "actually show up and do some work" - as far as I
> was aware Rockbox is a volunteer effort.

It is a volunteer effort, but the discussion of the move to EABI has
been happening for many months. To show up and complain after the fact
that *someone else* didn't test it, when you could've done so can seem
very much like simple whining.

It honestly doesn't matter how many people "rely" on current builds
working - they know the risks. If they choose to accept them, they can
deal with broken builds or simply not update once they've found one that
works well for them. "People rely on them" is no reason to halt
advancement of the project just because the core maintainer for the D2
isn't around very often.