Subject: Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

From: Rafaël Carré <rafael.carre_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:40:45 +0200

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:29:31 +0200
Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:

> Am 14.06.2010 16:23, schrieb Rafaël Carré:
> > On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:14:59 +0200
> > Thomas Martitz<thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> >

> >> b) Where to install it? /usr/local/bin (or C:\Program
> >> Files\Rockbox) comes into my mind, but then there's the problem of
> >> not having write access in the installation routine.
> >>
> > What do you mean ?
> >

> We currently have a single ROCKBOX_DIR where the binary is located
> and where we put files into (config.cfg, etc). If we don't split it
> up we need write access for the installation dir.

Well I just understood this after hitting send button :)

I think we could introduce a CONFIG_DIR to store configs/high scores in
a separate directory. But then that would break compatibility with old
config / scores unless people move the files themselves (or with the
help of RockboxUtility?) when upgrading rockbox.

Or we could define CONFIG_DIR to ROCKBOX_DIR on target, and keep the
exact same hierarchy.

But then JdGordon suggestion of using a portable app (everything in one
user dir) also makes sense, myself I'd just postpone that issue for
later and focus on making rockbox running on android. (do I say that
because I want to run rockbox on my phone asap? :)

--
Rafaël Carré