Subject: Re: svn properties

Re: svn properties

From: Rafaël Carré <rafael.carre_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:16:54 +0200

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:21:21 +0200
Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, with svn:eol-style set svn gains the possibility
> to warn / error out if trying to commit mixed-style files. Which can
> happen, and even did happen to me.

Some files are present in trunk with mixed-style already, and this
doesn't seem to be a big problem. If it happens we can still fix them.

So I think setting svn:eol-style only to make sure people don't commit
files with a mix of \n and \r\n is a lot of work for not much benefit.

I still think removing svn:eol-style and asking developers to make sure
they commit files with \n (unless it's not compatible with the tools
using these files) is the way to go.

If some text editor is hard to setup (btw IIRC UltraEdit 8 had a
line endings setting for saving files, like gnome gedit) we can still
document it on the wiki.

--
Rafaël Carré