Subject: Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 18:39:56 +0200

Hello,

I haven't been able to do very much lately. The uni workload is rather
high these days, I blame their schedule to put the intensive stuff at
the end of the semester.

Anyway, I've put a patch to FS#11234 (you can also browse the tree at
http://repo.or.cz/w/kugel-rb.git/shortlog/refs/heads/gsoc-app-target)
which adds an application target that compiles and runs. There's a small
kludge in that you need to run it with --root . so that it finds the
.rockbox dir (I haven't fixed up the IO and buildzip.pl stuff yet).

Actually I would like to commit that now, and continue with smaller
patches that go into svn more faster, because the target is there now
and fixing the small quirks that exist here and there separately makes
more sense now (to me, anyway). The big quirk is still the FS/IO layer
which hasn't been adapted for the split .rockbox folder yet.

So I would like your opinion on committing it now or working on the
FS/IO layer first? Also it would be nice if you give it a try! But don't
expect it to be much different than the sim.

Best regards.