Subject: [New WMA Codecs] Progress Report #8

[New WMA Codecs] Progress Report #8

From: Mohamed Tarek <mtarek16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:17:17 +0300

Hi,

Was out of town, so a bit late for my weekly report, sorry for that.
Anyway, last week I finished cleaning the code for libwmapro, added few more
stuff to the codec library, and had wma pro ready to be optimised.
Ideas for optimisations currently include rewriting some maths functions in
asm, for which Andree Buschmann already opened FS#11498 (Thanks !).
Also Nils suggested skipping the sample interleaving step in the decoder and
rely on rockbox's DSP for that, which I'm currently working on.
There's also of course efficient iram usage, but wma pro is a memory monster
so still not easy to do.

I hope the decoder gets to run real time on coldfire by Thursday 5/8 max, so
that I could start working on multichannel support.

--
MT