Subject: question about setting up ccache with rockbox toolchain.

question about setting up ccache with rockbox toolchain.

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 21:41:13 +0100

Hi list.

I only recently realised that in order to take advantage of ccache when
compiling rockbox I actually needed to configure it.

I have a few questions that I hope someone might be able to help me with.

Firstly, what sort of cash size will I need? At the moment, ccache is set to
use the default cash size of 1 gb.
Also, what is the number of files I should set the cash to hold?

Next, because rockbox can be compiled for multiple targets, does each target
that uses gcc need to have its own cash?

I also have two versions of the rockbox code, in separate folders, one for
working with patches and an unmodified version that has no changes, do these
also need to have independent cashes, and if so how should these be set up?

Lastly, what compilers in the toolchain do I need to set up ccache to use?

At the moment, so far I have created one symlink just for gcc, but I assume
I also need to create another for the arm-ebi compiler?
how should I refer to it when creating my symlink?

Many thanks for your help.
Alex.