Subject: [New WMA Codecs] Progress Report #9

[New WMA Codecs] Progress Report #9

From: Mohamed Tarek <mtarek16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 02:40:58 +0300

Hi all,

During the last couple of weeks, wma pro received lots of optimisations and
enhancements, with the much appreciated help of Andree Buschmann and Nils
Wallménius. Currently, the codec runs faster than real time on all targets,
but there's still no support for streams with more than 2 channels. I
intended to work on multichannel wma pro, but there's been a slight change
of plans.

I thought it would be more useful to start a new codec port. So now wma
voice plays and seeks in the sim. As mentioned in the commit messages,
there's still a tiny bug in the decoder in that it outputs fewer samples
than the original one, so I'm trying to track this bug down.

I don't know if I'll be able to do much during the next week, because it
seems converting wma voice to fixed point would need more time and effort
than wma pro, and partly because I have to start working on my graduation
project soon.

Thanks.
MT