Subject: Re: Commit message post-editing breaks Git

Re: Commit message post-editing breaks Git

From: Rafaël Carré <rafael.carre_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:16:34 +0200

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:36:07 +0200
Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 08:15:13PM +0200, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> > So, what I'm asking is: Do we either re-clone the git mirror
> > everytime this post-editing happens, or can we just stop using this
> > svn feature again? Or do we decide to just don't care about
> > developers (and users) using git?
>
> Let's see if we find a procedure that fixes the issue first. If that
> can't be done, I think we should disallow comment changing agauin.

If one mix git svn rebase and the rockbox git mirror then it will get
bad if you get a commit from subversion after its log was edited.

It's because you will get 2 different histories, and needs manual
changes on the git repo each time.

And of course after it is changed, it will break the trees of people
who have got the commit from subversion before its log was edited.

--
Rafaël Carré