Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Release 3.7, freeze on monday

Re: Release 3.7, freeze on monday

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:38:33 +1100

On 10 October 2010 18:48, pondlife <sjbavin_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Doing this would almost certainly turn alot of people away because
>> sometimes a new feature can go from an idea to a commit in an evening
>
> I'd think it better if ideas (and implementations) were shared for a while
> (~a week?) before committing.  Rushing stuff, unless it's a vital bug fix,
> is pointless IMHO, and takes a lot of the collaborative fun out of the
> process too!
>
> So - pop it on Flyspray, not in SVN..?

Getting code reviewed is always a good thing, but from my experience
it just doesn't happen here (enough).
Even someone who doesn't like my commits cant deny that I've been
pretty good trying to get attention to the patches before they go in
(anything reasonably sized, or breaking anyway), but it just doesn't
happen.