Subject: Re: replace quickscreen key with hotkey

Re: replace quickscreen key with hotkey

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 15:41:19 +1100

On 12 October 2010 12:27, Jeff Goode <jeffg7_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> The quickscreen isn't a hotkey option yet but it would be easy to add.  I
> don't have an opinion one way or the other about keymaps for targets I don't
> use, so I can't help you there.  Too bad that after all this time there
> still isn't any kind of UI philosophy consensus to answer that kind of
> question.

well yeah, it would still need to be up to the individual targets to
decide what to do, but trying to get some sort of guideline would
help.

I've just realised that (IIRC) the quickscreen combo is (BADLY) used
to stop usb connection/rebooting, the reason for this is the QS doesnt
do anything "bad/wierd". So I think this needs to be shelved (lame) or
we come up with a better mechanism for deciding on weather to connect
to msc or not (my vote goes to a connection menu)