Subject: Re: Making absolute point mode default

Re: Making absolute point mode default

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:40:08 -0500

On 10/26/2010 5:33 PM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> A "first draft" is maybe possible, but if it can't be tested if it's
> usable it might end up being as bad as the grid mode (if that's even
> possible). I wouldn't want to commit first drafts too.

Since the grid mode actually works on every screen, and is quite usable
(just unintuitive) wouldn't the obvious solution be JdGordon's idea of
adding some visual feedback to make it more obvious that it's there be a
good solution to keep things working.

The simple fact that you don't like grid mode doesn't make it "unusable"
by any stretch. Under many circumstances it's vastly more usable than
absolute mode can ever be (including working in places where use of
absolute mode would be a near impossibility), so it's simply down to
preference and situation.

Rather than breaking screens entirely, when there's little-to-no chance
that they'll be repaired soon, shouldn't we be looking for a way to try
to keep them working through the transition?