Subject: Re: coding style

Re: coding style

From: Marcin Bukat <marcin.bukat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:40:51 +0200

2010/10/28 Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>:
> On 28 October 2010 10:32, Antony Stone
> <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it> wrote:
>> a) whether it's necessary
> it isnt, all it does is cause more headache when peopel get it wrong,
> and try to resync upstream (ie codecs) with all the changed indenting
> lines conflict with real changes (this is also why we dont force
> spaces on imported code)
>
>> b) whether it's an improvement
> nope.

Maybe my wording was inappropriate. It wasn't my intention to force
anyone to use this tool nor convert whole codebase. My intention was
that if we have some piece of code, on FS for example, which brakes
heavily our coding style we may suggest the author to pass it through
'reference' formatter to save his work.

Marcin Bukat