Subject: Re: kugel: r28423 - trunk/apps

Re: kugel: r28423 - trunk/apps

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 09:37:23 +1100

On 2 November 2010 08:56, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 01.11.2010 22:42, schrieb Jonathan Gordon:
>
>> RaaA is not the only touchscreen target,
>
> But your mail and mine before was about reverting on RaaA. Why argue with
> the Ondas now?
> I maintain that there's nothing to fix on RaaA. So why would you want to
> revert it for RaaA too?

I said it should be definitely reverted for the onda and should be
reverted on raaa too.

> My admission was that that changing the default possibly gets the stone
> rolling, not doing nothing. And that doing nothing changes nothing. You
> somehow mixed that up.
>
> There are no regressions on unusable targets.

changing the default causes the onda to get into a state where it is
impossible to get out of, that is FACT. that also means you
intentionally broke it. The fact that it happens to be unusable is
irrelevant.

> Speaking of my admission:
>>
>> Reverting android also gives you more motivation to fix it instead of
>> being lazy
>
> As I noted in my above and opening mail: I think the opposite is the case
> (assuming there was anything to fix on android/RaaA, which isn't the case).
>
> Best regards.

It should be reverted on both targets, that will give you the
motivation to fix it properly on all touchscreen targets and not rely
on per target #defines to set the correct default. Amazingly I have
absolutly no faith that you will fix onda if it is left in this state.
You want this change, you broke onda, it is your responsibility to fix
it.