Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: kugel: r28423 - trunk/apps

Re: kugel: r28423 - trunk/apps

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 11:27:00 +1100

On 2 November 2010 11:12, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> You're doing nothing different to "passing the buck" (to me). And see,
> trying to put all the load of work that our touchscreen targets generally
> need onto a single person is the exact reason why the grid mode is still
> default 2.5 years after its invention.

It is not me forcing others to use a now broken UI (grid might be
broken but it is documented. now you leave people in a screen where
the touchscreen apparently does nothing, the user has no idea why and
even if power backs them out they are left wondering how the hell they
are supposed to change use this screen, they probably don't even know
there is a grid mode).
I'm not passing the buck, I didnt make this very irresponsible change,
and I've given a very simple answer to how to fix it which you've
ignored.

> Best regards.

And the warmest of salutations to you good sir